Black Bear IT Solutions is a roaring success in PC and Tech Awards
- Well-known Lancaster business Black Bear IT Solutions recently roared its way to success in the prestigious 2017 PCR Magazine Awards for the UK PC and technology industries. As a finalist in the Managed Services Provider category, the company will join the ranks of leading online brands, such as John Lewis, Tesco, eBay and Amazon, at the awards event at top London venue The Brewery in March.
- Richard Alford, managing director for Black Bear IT Solutions, commented: “We’re delighted to feature in what many consider to be ‘the Oscars’ of our industry, and to be recognised for being proactive, looking for continuous improvement, and helping our customers to create a real asset from their IT systems.” The awards’ judges - a panel of leading technical, business, digital experts and entrepreneurs - were impressed by Black Bear’s bespoke customer relationship and remote management systems which work alongside their hosted solutions to ‘always remain ahead of the customer’s needs’.
- “Our clients and our staff have all benefited from our streamlined service,” added Alford. “Clients rarely experience down-time; we’ve been able to manage larger clients at a lesser cost; and we’ve been able to increase staff salaries and offer a wider range of services through a team of skilled, local engineers. But, we also make sure we stay flexible, offering a hybrid solution when it’s more appropriate for clients to manage their own non-critical hardware.”
- Black Bear’s reliability was put to the test when Lancaster businesses were hit by the floods late in 2015. The company kept all of its hosted clients’ IT systems running during the flooding, and 90 per cent of its customers were able to work again just days after the severe weather.
- “We’re hoping to fly the flag for Lancaster in March and to bring the prize home. Because, for us, it’s about caring for each individual client, and helping the Lancaster business community to run smoothly, efficiently and effectively,” concluded Alford.
Contact us on 01524 889158